Re: 69000 and 030 support

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Wed 26 Jun 2002 - 10:29:15 IDT

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Richard A. Smith wrote:

> I tested stable and developement with the 69030 and they both freak
> the video card out.The only way to recover is to reboot.Even
> SVGATextMode 80x25 dosen't fix things.

Usually mode3 and/or vga_reset can solve those problems without reboot.

> The 69030 is _pin_ compatible with the 69000 but internally things
> are very different.The 69030 has two independent rendering
> pipelines that can operate at different resolutions.One for the CRT
> and one for the LCD.You can have 2 seperate screens as long as one
> is CRT and the other an LCD.

I don't know about the 69030, but in most chipsets which have something
like this the main CRT is programmed as in older chipsets, so you can
treat the card as it's older counterpart, losing the ability to use the
LCD port. This works for matrox, nvidia, ati cards. Maybe C&T chose to
have a completely different programming interface for their newer chip.

> I suspect that this difference is causing the problems.Is there
> some debugging info I can enable that might help sort this out?

Not without learning the source of the chips.c driver.