Re: vgamouse.h

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Wed 26 Jun 2002 - 10:32:42 IDT

> I just recently learned how to code using svgalib, but
> I've run in to problems with getting the mouse
> implementation under svgalib to work...I've been
> learning out of "Linux Graphics Programming with
> SVGAlib" by...some guy..:PAnd no matter what I do I
> can't seem to get the mouse to work.If you would
> like to look at any of my code or config files, just
> say so, but for the time being I would just like to
> know how reliable, in your opinion, the vgamouse
> library really is.Who knows, perhaps it just won't
> work on my system. :-\

The important thing is to configure the mouse correctly. If the mouse
device is not /dev/mouse, then add a correct mdev option in the config
file. Also, make sure you have a mouse line for the correct type of
mouse you have.
You should test the mouse first with the demo program mousetest, to make
sure that the mouse works in svgalib. After you get this program to
work, you should text your program.