Re: 69000 and 030 support

Search this archive.

From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith@bitworks.com)
Date: Wed 26 Jun 2002 - 00:52:25 IDT

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:22:39 +0300 (IDT), Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Richard A. Smith wrote:
>
> > Is anyone working on support for the Assiliant (C&T) 69000 and 030
> > chipsets?
> >
> > They aren't listed in the C and T driver docs.
>
> Those are listed in the source (chips.c), so I assume they should work.
> Please test. The chipset should be autodetected.

I tested stable and developement with the 69030 and they both freak
the video card out.  The only way to recover is to reboot.  Even
SVGATextMode 80x25 dosen't fix things.

Looking in the 1.9.x source I begin to realize why.  The 69030 is
treated just like a 69000.  Theres a comment that mentions that the
030 have 4Mb of ram rather than the 2Mb of the 69000 and that the
driver should be fixed to handle the extra memory but other than that
its treated as a 69000.

The 69030 is _pin_ compatible with the 69000 but internally things
are very different.  The 69030 has two independent rendering
pipelines that can operate at different resolutions.  One for the CRT
and one for the LCD.  You can have 2 seperate screens as long as one
is CRT and the other an LCD.

I suspect that this difference is causing the problems.  Is there
some debugging info I can enable that might help sort this out?

I haven't tested the 69000 yet.  I have to setup my embeded system
again and get svgalib on it.  Hopefully I can do that by this
weekend.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith@bitworks.com               479.846.5777 x104