Re: SVGAlib vs Framebuffer

Search this archive.

From: Sentient Real Time Systems Ltd (xcprod@xcprod.com)
Date: Fri 08 Dec 2000 - 14:19:31 IST

> Hi there!
>
> I am currently using a framebuffer because X does not (?yet?) support my =
> new GFX-card(Hercules 3D Prophet II MX). I tried to run SVGAlib programs =
> but it failed returning to textmode. So I tried it again using the VesaTe=
> xt option but the results were the same. Changing the value of VesaSave d=
> idn't work either.
>
> If anybody knows what to do here, I would be very grateful.
>
> Bye

There is a setting in the svgalib config file which allows svgalib to
work on top of the frame buffer. Sorry I cannot remember where the
config file is off hand or what the name of the setting is. I'll look it
up when I get back to my machine later tonight. In the mean time if you
want to try and find it yourself, its the setting that refers to the
chipset and you sould find it in the source as fbdev (I think).

Regards
Sergio