Re: margin problem

Search this archive.

From: Sentient Real Time Systems Ltd (xcprod@xcprod.com)
Date: Fri 08 Dec 2000 - 14:11:42 IST

> Hello Matan and SVAGlibers
>
> After an upgrad to svgalib 1.4.2 I am having a problem that I did
> not have previously. A margin now exists around my display.
> For example, when I draw a pixel at (0,0) it does not
> appear in the upper left corner of the display but is instead
> offset lower and to the right (tested 320x200x256 and
> 800x600x256 modes only).
>
> What do I need to do to fix this? I am running svgalib on a notebook with a
> Neomagic NM2160.
>
> Thank you,
> Daniel

Are you using a low resolution mode on a high resolution display. If so
the problem is that the size of the pixels is constant on a digital LCD
display (unlike those of an analog CRT where pixels can be streched) so the
picture shrinks because fewer pixels are used which are of the same size
in both low and high resolution.

Regards
Sergio