Matrox G200 in SVGA ?

Search this archive.

From: UNIX savy Brian Witt (bwitt@value.net)
Date: Thu 31 Aug 2000 - 21:06:38 IDT

With all this dicussion of Matrox and SGVA I must ask....
Has anyone built a driver, or are you using VESA BIOS ?

I have svga (kinda) ported to my own little OS, which isn't Linux.
I have a lab of 15 Hp machines with G200-AGP systems.  If there is
want for a svga driver, I would be willing to help "facilitate" it.
I have a strong need to a simple (enters SVGA modes, hardware blit
acceleration not required) SVGALIB driver.

I emailed Matan and he said it shouldn't be too hard to read the
X11 sources and borrow from there.  Well, I read the sources and
got scared of the compute_best_timing() routine in X11 for the
G200.  Anyone else feel up to the task?  I would be willing to
maintain the code (and test it), but I don't have the time to
decipher X11 (though it looks well structured).  Ask me about
scheduling and ethernet device drivers, but not graphics cards.

*brian witt, part-time teaching unit, CSU Sacramento
	bwitt-at-value.net