Speed problem on 2 monitor

Search this archive.

From: alex21cn (alexwen@21cn.com)
Date: Thu 31 Aug 2000 - 19:00:49 IDT

Hi, Matan,
 Thank you! I've got 2 cards working. 1st is S3Trio 64V+,
2nd is Riva 128 AGP. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
 I've found another problem too. I use this program

#include <vga.h>
#include <vgagl.h>

main()
{ int i,j;
  int r,g,b;
  vga_init();
  vga_setmode(G640x480x32K);
  while(1){
     for(i=1;i<640;i++)
 {
 r=i*255/640;
 g=128;
 b=255-r-g;
 vga_setrgbcolor(r,g,b);
 vga_drawline(0,0,i,479);
 vga_setrgbcolor(0,0,0);
 vga_drawline(0,0,i-1,479);
 }
   }
   vga_setmode(TEXT);
}

It will draw a line from 0,0 to the bottom line.
When only 1 instance is running, it is quite fluent.
But when 2 instances are running on 2 differenct monitors, there is a
  problem:
  On monitor 1, the program will draw that motion line for a while, and pause. During the pause, the program on monitor 2 will draw motion line quite fluently,
Then it pauses too. So monitor 1 is going, pause, monitor 2 is going, pause ,
monitor 1...
  Our application will capture video from 2 cards, and play them on 2 monitor seperately, and the speed must be 20 frame per second. I don't know whether
svgalib is fast enough to do the output.
  Could you give me help?

Thank you again.

Alex Wen