Framebuffer Console Driver

Search this archive.

From: Chris Purnell (cjp@oit.net)
Date: Mon 21 Aug 2000 - 15:36:27 IDT

I've written an svgalib driver that uses the linux framebuffer device.
I currently have two versions.  One that will run without root privs
with a few "if (CHIPSET = FBDEV)"s around some resource allocation
in vga.c but does not work with the VGA modes or the BACKGROUND hack.
The other works more like a normal svgalib driver and uses the vgadrv
for the VGA modes but I've not got this working properly yet.

I can put the code for the first one up tonight but I am having problems
with the other.

Bye the way should I call the driver FBDev or FBCon?

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better