Re: Framebuffer Console Driver

Search this archive.

From: Chris Purnell (cjp@oit.net)
Date: Wed 23 Aug 2000 - 19:38:27 IDT

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 12:29:43PM +0300, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

> I wonder (not having a computer with fbdev working right now) - is the
> non vga modes driver that you wrote working in 320x200x256 mode?
> I guess it depends on whether the kernel driver can set that mode, but
> did you try that with your card?

> Can you give me a list of modes that work?

I don't know, the frame buffer device in my kernel has a bug that stops
the 320x200x256 mode from working.  I do know that the vga_clear()
function does some I/O in this mode which caused me some problems when
trying to run 1.4.2 without root privs.

The frame buffer device I'm using also does not do the 16 colour modes.

The list of working mode is rather long.  But on my system all modes
from 10 (640x480x256) with a resolution that is in timing.c, 256 or
mode colours and have a bytes per row that is a multiple of 32 work.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better