Re: gl_putbox( )

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@interlink-bbs.com)
Date: Wed 03 May 2000 - 22:55:43 IDT

Hi all:

Ummm, I may be way off here, but I don't think there's any way you can
access an image file in this manner:

#include "image.pxm"

You will need to actually open the file & read it bit by bit, right? Using
something like liblug makes reading images easy, as do the functions in
pbmplus (aka netpbm). Further, you can hack zgv.

Once you have read in the image, you can then place it on the screen with
gl_putbox().

If I'm missing something here, someone please tell me!

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Andreas Brosten wrote:

> I have some problem with the gl_putbox() funktion.
> if I have an image "image.pxm" in the program directory,
> i write like this:
> #include "image.pxm"
> int main()
> {
>  putbox(1,1,50,50,image_name);// if the size is 50*50
>  ... }
> Ok, a 50*50 image is drawn on the screen, but it's hardly the
> image I would like to see. The image I get looks like some randomed
> out pixels in different colors. Do I hade the wrong palette? In
> case, how do I correct it? and how do I set a color to "none"
> (Transparent). That's all for this time =) Thanx, and bye !

Did you set the palette correctly?
Is the image in the format that gl_putbox expects (as is explained in
the man page)?