Re: SVGALIB 1.4.3 with ATI-Rage XL

Search this archive.

From: Trey Kazee (treykazee@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon 21 Apr 2003 - 16:53:16 IDT

First of all, thank you for you prompt response.  I
have always enjoyed using SVGALIB. ;)

I am using the rage driver, and had already tried the
"RageDoubleClock" option, but with no success.

I have run svidtune with several options.  First,
option 13 works fine (as expected).  It reports Horiz.
freq.: 78.855 kHz and Vert. freq.: 74.11 Hz, both of
which should be well within the range of my monitor
(Dell M991, multi-sync monitor). Option 12 is
off-center, but the signal is in-sync. Option 11
(800x600x256) is clear for about 2-3 seconds, after
which it loses sync.  Before it loses sync, it reports
H-freq: 78.077 kHz, V-Freq: 71.19 Hz.  Finally, option
10 (640x480x256) is out of sync and illegible (this is
the same behaviour I have been seeing).

Quite frankly, this is a step outside of my level of
expertise, and I am stumped.  Any ideas you have would
be appreciated.

For now, I have a workaround, since my output video is
not going to be directly displayed, but rather
frame-grabbed and manipulated before display.  This
allows me (for now) to go ahead and generate the image
in the higher resolution (1280x1024), then use my
frame-grabber on the other end to only grab 640x480.
But for other applications, I would prefer to have a
better solution.

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.

Regards,
trey