Re: SVGALIB 1.4.3 with ATI-Rage XL

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Sat 19 Apr 2003 - 00:36:55 IDT

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Trey Kazee wrote:

> I'm using SVGALIB 1.4.3 under Redhat 8.0, with an
> integrated ATI-Rage XL (8M) card.SVGALIB built fine

> The funny thing is that it works great for
> 1280x1024x256, but not 640x480x256.The lower
> resolution appears to struggle with sync, and objects
> (text, for instance) flicker between 2 horizontal
> positions.As a test, I tried 800x600x256... it
> looked great for about 2 seconds, then loses sync and

The first thing I need to know is what driver you use.
Run vgatest, and it will display (before the list of modes), either VESA
driver or Rage driver.
If you use the rage driver, please run svidtune 13, which will display
the frequencies that svgalib sets. Compare those to the ones the monitor
displays (if it does).

You can also try the option "RageDoubleClock" in the config file.