Query about Modelines and resolutions for ATI Rage 128 Mobility graphics

Search this archive.

From: Tim Parker (tim.parker@intec-telecom-systems.com)
Date: Mon 28 Oct 2002 - 13:59:45 IST

Hi,

I am using a dell latitude laptop with a ATI Rage 128 Mobility with 8MB
or ram, I have the latest XF86 and svgalib drivers.  I am using this
with a Dell P150 monitor which has the following information from read-edid:

>         # EDID version 1 revision 2
> Section "Monitor"
>         # Block type: 2:0 3:ff
>         # Block type: 2:0 3:fc
>         Identifier "DELL P790"
>         VendorName "DEL"
>         ModelName "DELL P790"
>         # Block type: 2:0 3:ff
>         # Block type: 2:0 3:fc
>         # Block type: 2:0 3:fd
>         HorizSync 31-92
>         VertRefresh 50-150
>         # Max dot clock (video bandwidth) 170 MHz
>         # DPMS capabilities: Active off:yes  Suspend:yes  Standby:yes
>
>         Mode    "1024x768"      # vfreq 84.997Hz, hfreq 68.677kHz
>                 DotClock        94.500000
>                 HTimings        1024 1072 1168 1376
>                 VTimings        768 769 772 808
>                 Flags   "+HSync" "+VSync"
>         EndMode
>         # Block type: 2:0 3:ff
>         # Block type: 2:0 3:fc
>         # Block type: 2:0 3:fd
> EndSection

I cannot seem to be able to run anything at a Higher resolution than
360x480 - why is this is this something to do with my hardware, or have
I got something set incorrectly.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Regards
Tim Parker

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged and/or copyright
material of Intec Telecom Systems PLC (or its affiliated companies).  If you are not an
intended or authorised recipient of this e-mail or have received it in error, please delete
it immediately and notify the sender by e-mail.  In such a case, reading, reproducing,
printing or further dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Intec Telecom Systems PLC. does not represent or warrant that an attachment hereto is free
from computer viruses or other defects. The opinions expressed in this e-mail and any
attachments may be those of the author and are not necessarily those of Intec Telecom
Systems PLC.