Re: svgalib for nVidia 220D GeForce MX?

Search this archive.

From: Oyvind Hammer (oyvind.hammer@nhm.uio.no)
Date: Tue 10 Sep 2002 - 20:11:50 IDT

>please try the attached patch.

Thanks, I tried that patch and rebuilt, and then
vgatest started once without the /dev/svga problem.
It did however crash the computer again (with a
black screen), possibly because I used chipset VESA
in libvga.config? Anyway I changed this to NV3, but
now I get the "Can't open /dev/svga" again, and
depmod -e gives even more unresolved symbols than
before, now also in ..../kernel/misc/svgalib_helper.o.

In other words, the patch worked for a short time
before the reboot (though I still haven't seen any
graphics), but now it's worse than ever  :-(

Oyvind.