svgalib for nVidia 220D GeForce MX?

Search this archive.

From: \yvind Hammer (oyvind.hammer@notam02.no)
Date: Tue 10 Sep 2002 - 18:56:11 IDT

Hello, I need to use the svgalib on a GeForce
MX card, but I can't make it work. I first
tried with svgalib 1.4.3, which only works
in primitive graphics modes (I need mode 34).
Tried the VESA driver in /etc/vga/libvga.config,
but that made the computer crash.

Then I tried installing the 1.9.16 version of
svgalib, but get "can't open /dev/svga". I have
done make install in kernel/svga_helper, and
put the following line in /etc/modules.conf:
alias char-major-209 svgalib_helper

I now also get an "Unresolved symbols" error
at boot-up. depmod -e gives
*** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/misc
... and a long list of missing symbols.

Since this is for a major art project going up
abroad next week, I'm truly desperate as I have
already spent a lot of time on this. Any advice
about how to get this working either under
svgalib 1.4.3 or 1.9.x would be greatly appreciated!

I'm running RedHat 7.3.

Thanks!

Dr. Oyvind Hammer
NoTAM, University of Oslo