VT switching problem

Search this archive.

From: Jason (jason@jnj.org)
Date: Mon 17 Jun 2002 - 08:12:11 IDT

howdy

I have an svgalib app that I've been using for a while, but after switching
to sorcerer linux, when I alt-F# while running the svgalib program, the
new vt get's completely screwed up.  sometimes, the cursor moves around as
I type, but no text output.  Sometimes, there's a bunch of non-ascii
characters scattered around the screen (smiley faces, different colored
blocks, etc).

I can switch back to the svgalib program, which comes back just fine, and
if I exit it, then switch back to the other vt's, they're back to normal.

I was under the impression I didn't have to write any code specifically for
switching VT's.  Am I wrong?  Or

This worked fine on Mandrake 7.2...

--
Jason Burnett