Re: segfault during VT switch

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Sat 15 Jun 2002 - 12:03:23 IDT

Hi,

About this problem, and the previous that you reported, are they
repeatable? Can you describe what to do that always causes this?

Can you remove the two usleep(MODESWITCHDELAY) in vga.c and the
usleep(10) in the __svgalib_flipaway(void) function, and see if the
problems still occur?

> I switched console to a SVGAlib program "Links" and got segmentation fault instead
> of displaying the graphics:
>
> (gdb) bt
> #00x401036ad in vga_setmodeX () from /usr/local/lib/libvga.so.1
> #10x40150f94 in vga_version () from /usr/local/lib/libvga.so.1

Those are wrong, since vga_version is not a function, and I don't see a
reason to call setmodeX.

> Cannot access memory at address 0x100000.
>
> I vaguely remember this happened to me one more time in the past and instead
> of 0x100000 there was 0xa0000

I think only the vesa driver tries to access those low addresses.
Those two things mean that probably the problem is earlier than that.