Kyro II chipset and video modes with svgalib

Search this archive.

From: Rene Limarutti (lims.planet@aon.at)
Date: Sun 21 Apr 2002 - 17:44:42 IDT

Hi guys,

I´ve got a Herculed 3D Prophet 4500 (with a Kyro II chipset I think that is) and would like to know which chipset to force or what to do, because G320x200x256 mode is not working,  vgapalette calls seem VERY slow and restoring textmode seems not to be working.  Console stays junked whatever I seem to do.  However switching to G640x480x256 seems to work with autoedected VESA (although switching back to text mode still not).  Got any help, any link, any tip?  I'd be thankful for anything, since I want to join the dev team of a new svgalib game called freedroid that will appear soon, since the port from msdos to linux is almost complete.  Thanks a lot.   Rene Limarutti.

Ah, and by the way, do you happen to know, why the svgalib package is no longer included in the SuSE Linux 8.0 distribution.  Thanks also a lot anybody who knows something.