Re: http://svgalib.org/helpdesk.html svgalib + devfs + vesafb

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Sun 21 Apr 2002 - 09:42:47 IDT

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 rrh@home.nl wrote:

> I have a question. I have compiled svgalib... All ok I have selected
> all drivers and detection in Makefile.cfg butwhen I start an
> application it says : <a small cut and hofully not waste here >
>
> localhost:~/Download/svgalib-1.4.3/threeDKit # ./plane
> Not running in a graphics capable console,
> and unable to find one.
> svgalib 1.4.3
> Not running in a graphics capable console,
> and unable to find one.

This is probably because you run from X11/telnet/ssh/screen.
First try running in console. If it still gives the same error, also
make sure that the /dev/console and /dev/tty[1-6] are the standard ones
(/dev/console is c 5 1, /dev/tty1 is c 4 1, and so on).

> It seems obvious to me that he has trouble detecting vesafb. Any suggestions pse ??

I don't think this problem has anything to do with vesafb. The problems
with vesafb are different.