http://svgalib.org/helpdesk.html svgalib + devfs + vesafb

Search this archive.

From: rrh@home.nl
Date: Sat 20 Apr 2002 - 16:07:09 IDT

Hai there,

I have a question. I have compiled svgalib... All ok I have selected all drivers and detection in Makefile.cfg
but  when I start an application it says : <a small cut and hofully not waste here >

localhost:~/Download/svgalib-1.4.3/threeDKit # ./plane
Not running in a graphics capable console,
and unable to find one.
svgalib 1.4.3
Not running in a graphics capable console,
and unable to find one.

256 color modes:

1: 320x200
2: 320x240
3: 320x400
4: 360x480
5: 640x480
6: 800x600
7: 1024x768

It seems obvious to me that he has trouble detecting vesafb. Any suggestions pse ??

I's like to try it so I can look at the preformance in crontrast to X11...

Many thanx,

Ringo
ringo78@xs4all.nl