Mouse filehandle (but the filehandle may change during a VC switch)

Search this archive.

From: Karel Kulhavy (clock@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Mon 08 Apr 2002 - 21:33:53 IDT

Hello

In man mouse_init_return_fd there is written:
"(but the filehandle may change during a VC switch)"

Is this real or are you joking?

Does this mean I have to check every VC switch and recall mouse_init_return_fd to regain
an up-to-date version of the filehandle?

My program runs in a big select loop and waits on numerous descriptors (keyboard, mouse, sockets,...)
I have to have an up-to-date mouse descriptor for the program to work.

Shall I ignore this and will this be removed in future versions of man pages?

I use a normal stdin keyboard, i. e. keyboard is not in raw mode. Is there a way how to catch a VT switch in
this case? Or do I have to rewrite my program into raw keyboard mode?

Clock