why cant the demo provide the image good quality ?

Search this archive.

From: tony Tong (chaffmanus@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon 25 Feb 2002 - 13:23:50 IST

  In the demos , testgl provide me a good example to
display images with svgalib functions . but after try
several times ,i find it cant provide good quality .
The logo is that logo,but the hue is not previous hue
. It is abnormal and aweful.
  I replace the author's logo with another raw rgb pic
and setmode to 800x600x256 .but the result is the same
as before.
  some information about my video card:  riva tnt/riva
tnt2 ,  driver nv4 . and everytime i want setmode
1024x768x256 ,it will fail.
  I want to capture the screen of runtime for help.but
i dont know how i can . because when svgalib run ,it
take the control of whole screen .
  why this happen ? did anybody else have this
trouble?
  how can i improve the quality of image ?
  If you had such experience and overcome  it ,please
help me .Thanks in advance.