Re: Screen freezes when switching virtual terminals.

Search this archive.

From: Wolf (wolf@hfx.eastlink.ca)
Date: Sat 23 Feb 2002 - 19:42:55 IST

On 02-02-23, Matan wrote something like:

| Do you mean that after pressing Alt-F2 (for example), the screen freezes
| for a few seconds, and then switches consoles?

No.  I am running my SVGAlib program in VT1 and then press Alt-F2 to
switch to another console, and then Alt-F1 to switch back to VT1, the
screen is no longer updating, at all.  Waiting a few tens of seconds
doesn't help, it's just stuck on the image that was there when I swiched
out of the Virtual terminal.

When the SVGAlib program terminates, and it switches back to TEXT mode,
everything seems fine.  I can run it again and it won't fail, it just
freezes if I change VT.

Thankx,

Wolf.
wolf@hfx.eastlink.ca