Re: why cant the demo provide the image good quality ?

Search this archive.

From: tony Tong (chaffmanus@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon 25 Feb 2002 - 15:58:43 IST

after several hours ,I think maybe 2  possibility
exist.but i am not sure .i still need some help.
1.my raw rgb format may be not right
i get the raw pic through a tool bmp2raw which convert
the bmp to 8bpp rgb. And gl_putbox need a pixmap .I
dont know if 8bpp rgb is pixmap? if not ,why only the
hue is abnormal?
The following is from man page for gl_putbox;
Pixmaps are in row-major order. The source pixmap
memory has the size w * h * BYTESPERPIXEL.
2.Maybe i dont config the video card right
I read the manpage several times .but i didn't know
how i can do yet.
so, here give some information .Hope it will be useful
to resolve this problem.

monitor config  in libvga.conf is default:
Horiznsync 31.5 35.5
vertRefresh 50 90

runtime info:
Using Riva driver, 32768kb .Type: nv4,RivaTNT/RivaTNT2
svgalib 1.4.3

the result of vgatest:
10  640x480x256     ok
11  800x600x256     ok
12  1024x768x256 beyond the frequence of refresh
35k/43hz
17  640x480x32k     ok
18  640x480x64k     ok
20  800x600x32k     ok
21  800x600x64k     ok
23  1024x768x32k    =12
24  1024x768x64k    =12
34  640x480x16m     ok
35  800x600x16m     ok
36  1024x768x16m    =12

but in my testprogram,if I setmode to 24 ,it will give
"mode not avalible". mode 23 is ok. and all l024x768
mode get  "1024x768x256 beyond the frequence of
refresh 35k/43hz "