Re: How to suppress "svgalib: Failed to initialize mouse." message?

Search this archive.

From: William Hayes (whayes@hfx.andara.com)
Date: Thu 21 Feb 2002 - 23:22:43 IST

To suppress the message, a small change must be made to the source file
vga.c and SVGALib must be rebuilt.  (The following works under 1.4.2; I
don't know about 1.4.3).

The message is produced at the following line (in 1.4.2, this was Line
4282):

if (mouse_init(mouse_device, mouse_type | mouse_modem_ctl,
MOUSE_DEFAULTSAMPLERATE))
    printf("svgalib: Failed to initialize mouse.\n");
else
    mouse_open = 1;

I added another if statement so that the message is produced only when
mouse_type does not equal MOUSE_NONE:

if (mouse_init(mouse_device, mouse_type | mouse_modem_ctl,
MOUSE_DEFAULTSAMPLERATE))
{
    if ( mouse_type != MOUSE_NONE )
        printf("svgalib: Failed to initialize mouse.\n");
}
else
    mouse_open = 1;

This seems to work.

(NOTE:  For various reasons I could not copy and paste this code, so beware
of typographical errors).

William Hayes