How to suppress "svgalib: Failed to initialize mouse." message?

Search this archive.

From: William Hayes (whayes@hfx.andara.com)
Date: Mon 09 Apr 2001 - 15:08:03 IDT

The application I am working on does not require a mouse, and, since it is
to run on many different systems with unknown mouse types, it seems that the
best thing to do is set 'mouse' to 'none' in libvga.config.  This works,
but...

The problem is that the message "svgalib: Failed to initialize mouse."
appears on the screen, even when vga_disabledriverreport() has been called.

I've tried commenting out all of the other mouse items in libvga.config, but
to no avail.

Is there something else I have to do to prevent mouse initialization?

If I can just suppress the message, I think it will be fine...

Thanks,

Bill Hayes