Re[2]: Missing vgagl

Search this archive.

From: ASA (llb@udm.net.ru)
Date: Mon 29 Oct 2001 - 07:51:33 IST

Hello Bryan,

Saturday, October 27, 2001, 11:26:31 AM, you wrote:

BS> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 08:01:26PM -0500, Cappellini, Tony wrote:
>>
>>While compiling the demos for svgalib 1.4.3, the following error is
>>displayed.
>>
>>cannot find -lvgagl
>>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>make: *** [fun] Error 1
>>
>>Where do I get the vgagl library ?

BS> That's part of svgalib.  You'll either have to install the libraries to
BS> a path where it can find them, or use the -L option to tell the
BS> compiler where they are.

BS> Bryan

On  my  Debian system, even after saying: make install libraries are placed
in  /usr/local/lib  instead  of  /usr/lib  so my gcc cannot find them while
linking.  Moreover,  make  install  erases svga libraries in /usr/lib so if
I'll  make  links  /such  as usr/lib/libvga* -> /usr/local/lib/libvga* they
would work only before another svgalib compilaton.

Keep it in mind. I consider that is not bug bot close to it. Maybe we must
have documented option to set installation path or install it to the place
where similar versions was resided before.

--
Best regards, ASA    mailto:llb@udm.net.ru