matrox millenium memory detection problem

Search this archive.

From: Johannes Gajdosik (johannes.gajdosik@gmx.at)
Date: Sun 28 Oct 2001 - 22:24:56 IST

I have an old Matrox Millenium with 8MB ram:
4MB onboard and 4MB additional.
When I used svgalib 1.4.1 with my Mystique
I was disappointed that there was no Millenium support.

But yesterday I looked again for svgalib in the
internet and there was this millenium support!
I tried it (1.9.12) and it worked immediately!
Thank you very much!

But there was a little problem: svgalib detected only
1 MB of memory. I changed the file millenium.c
and hardcoded 8MB. Now it works very fine.
Nevertheless there should be a bugfix for this memory
detection.

Yours,
Johannes Gajdosik