Re: svgalib-1.9.10

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Wed 27 Jun 2001 - 00:43:25 IDT

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Bryan Stillwell wrote:

> >* Working on PPC: r128.c and g400.c drivers work on PPC. Other drivers
> >probably still have endianess issues.
>
> I'm trying to get svgalib-1.9.10 working on my first generation iBook
> andcouldn't find any instructions on the proper way to build it...No
> matter what I do it wants to include sys/io.h which doesn't exist on ppc
> linux.Any ideas?

Just create a file called /usr/include/sys/io.h containing
#include <asm/io.h>

For the rest, just changing the in the first lines of Makefile from
#include Makefile.cfg to #include Makefile.ppc should work.

Note that if your computer has a rage based video card, you can only use
the fbdev driver and that only if you use atyfb in the kernel. You'll
need to add the options "nullio" and "chipset fbdev" to the config file.