Re: Rapid and clean frame painting.

Search this archive.

From: Kevin D. Quitt (KQuitt@ieeinc.com)
Date: Wed 23 May 2001 - 04:12:49 IDT

>Sounds good. svgalib has a function which is used to set the display
start. It
>might be called something close to vga_setdisplaystart.

The demo program scrolltest uses that function for one of its modes.  I
haven't yet figured out how to paint to part of the screen not being
displayed, but I haven't looked hard, either.

>I will try to implement the control given back to Linux until a vsync
>interrupt

Bless you.  I'd pay for that functionality; hoping that linux can return to
the task while verical blanking is still occuring.  The other option is to
modify the driver for the 65545.  You wouldn't happen to know the name of
the file, would you?  That way I could have the interrupt routine change
what's being displayed and set the new palette as well.  That way I get a
clean transition from frame to frame.

>but, just out of curioisity, why can you not "buzz" for the
>"status"?

The system is busy doing other things, like being both clients and servers
network on the network, and talking on various other I/O channels.
--
 _
Kevin D. Quitt					             KQuitt@ieeinc.com