Re: Rapid and clean frame painting.

Search this archive.

From: Mihai Cartoaje (mcartoaj@mat.ulaval.ca)
Date: Tue 22 May 2001 - 20:49:12 IDT

also sprach Kevin D. Quitt:

> I was thinking I could use the 640x480 screen as 4 320x240 images, paint
> into the undisplayed area, and change what quadrant is being displayed (and
> update the palette) during vertical refresh.  I also need to be able to do

Sounds good. svgalib has a function which is used to set the display start. It
might be called something close to vga_setdisplaystart.

> those latter two based on an interrupt from the 65545 at the start of
> vertical retrace - I cannot buzz for the status.

Presently svgalib does not provide an interrupt, but it provides continuous
checking. I will try to implement the control given back to Linux until a vsync
interrupt, but, just out of curioisity, why can you not "buzz" for the "status"?

Mihai