Re: mouse sensitivity problem keeps on existing

Search this archive.

From: Guillermo Pereyra Irujo (gpirujo@pop3free.com)
Date: Mon 09 Apr 2001 - 15:03:18 IDT

> > I attach my libvga.config for you to see it. I think it's ok, but my mouse
> > still doesn't work. I've tried no, normal and power accel and I've changed
> > the mouse. The effect is the same. Can anybody help me please? I don't
> > know what else to do :(
> >
> > Remember that everything's working fine. The little square in the screen
> > even moves when the mouse does. The problem is that each delta unit sent
> > by the mouse causes a 2-cm movement of the little square on the screen,
> > i.e. the sensitivity is excessively high.
>
> > Mouse IntelliMouse
>
> Do you really have a serial mouse?
> For a PS/2 connected intellimouse you need
> Mouse IMPS2

The mouse has a ps/2 plug at the end of its tail, with a ps/2->serial
adapter to fit in the serial socket. I've always configured it as a serial
mouse in every app and os I've used it, and it has worked fine. Anyway, I
tried IMPS2 too, without any changes.

I've also compiled svgalib again and I'm still with this.

Is the libvga.config file ok?

--
Guillermo Pereyra Irujo
Mar del Plata, Argentina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck,
is probably the day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners.
  -- Ernst Jan Plugge