liblug and reading gif files

Search this archive.

From: Dave Chandler (dave.chandler@ian.net)
Date: Wed 21 Feb 2001 - 22:05:11 IST

I would like to display a simple gif file and some text from a svgalib app
running on linux without X.
I've got the text working but have not been able to read a gif file.
I have downloaded liblug (1.0.6) but am getting a compile error "undefined
reference to read_gif_file".
I have include lug.h and lugfnts.h and am linking the liblug.a library with
-llug.
Is there a liblugfnts.a that I should be linking as well??  If so, it did
not come with the tar file.
Do I need to be using a later version of liblug?? (i.e. 1.0.8)  If so, where
can I find it?
And most importantly is this the best (read easiest) way to splat a gif file
on the screen from this app??!!