SVGAlib mods

Search this archive.

From: Greg Abbas (greg@abbas.org)
Date: Thu 04 Jan 2001 - 09:32:04 IST

Hi guys,

First off, thanks for writing SVGAlib. It's awesome. Especially the new
kernel module that lets apps not have to be setuid root.

I'm writing because I have an addition that I'd like to make to the
SVGAlib code, and I'm wondering whether I can get it into the official
source code tree. Is it in CVS somewhere? Do the primary authors like to
review new code before it's checked in?

So far, I don't have any heavy-duty ideas to implement, I just want to
make the stdin/stdout/stderr tweaking in vga_console.c optional, so an
application that's running in an xterm on a remote display (for
instance) can use SVGAlib to render to the console display without
messing up its file descriptors. I've already tested the concept, but I
don't have anything ready to check in yet.

By the way, this came up because I'm in the process of writing a Python
module that'll make use of SVGAlib. Does anybody know of any other
Python/SVGAlib efforts going on?

Thanks,
Greg Abbas

www.abbas.org