Re: SVGAlib mods

Search this archive.

From: Greg Abbas (greg@abbas.org)
Date: Thu 04 Jan 2001 - 21:39:16 IST

Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

> If I understand correctly, then
> the program you run will display on the remote computer, not on the
> computer running the X server and displaying the xterm. Is that what
you
> mean?

Yup, that's exactly it.

> Is it similar to what novccontrol does?

Similar, but novccontrol doesn't quite do it. I hadn't actually tried
novccontrol until you mentioned it because of the comment in vga.c about
it being "not supported yet". But upon trying it, it appears to do the
job except that echoing keyboard input gets turned off. (In other words,
I can still see output in my xterm, but I can't see what I type.)

It looks like this might be because set_graphtermio() still calls
ioctl(TCSETSW) on file descriptor 0, because __svgalib_kbd_fd hasn't yet
been set, because keyboard_init() hasn't yet been called. Should
set_graphtermio() bail if __svgalib_novccontrol is set, just like it
bails if __svgalib_kbd_fd hasn't been set?

Greg Abbas