Re: Mouse routines

Search this archive.

From: matan@svgalib.org
Date: Fri 14 Apr 2000 - 23:27:12 IDT

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, viscous liquid wrote:

> in my current application I am trying to display a
> mouse pointer.Now I have tried doing copying the
> setion of the screen where I am about to display mouse
> then I display the mouse.I have tried to ways to
> draw the mouse, one is to do a gl_putboxmask(), and
> second I have tried literally doing a series of
> gl_hline() and gl_setpixel().Both of these methods
> cause the mouse to be very jumpy, I don't get a smooth
> flow of the mouse across the screen.I have tried to
> play with the sample rate to see if this helps but it
> doesn't seem to help.So does anyone know of some
> faster ways of drawing the mouse or other ways to help
> smooth out the mouse flow.

As of 1.9.4, svgalib will have cursor support. In the announcement I'll
make within a week, I'll give the details. The support includes hardware
cursor on some chipsets (nv, banshee, i740, sis, mx) and software cursor
on the rest. The software cursor does not seem jumpy on my slowest
machines (K6-200 and P-233), but I guess that might depend on what the
program does otherwise.

--
Matan Ziv-Av                          matan@svgalib.org