Re: Banshee Support with SVGALIB?

Search this archive.

From: G. Gregory (ggregory@bitbox.co.uk)
Date: Tue 02 Mar 1999 - 10:52:46 IST

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Andy K. Jalics wrote:

> Dear Svgalib Enthusiasts,
> 			I have a S3 Virge/DX (4mb) that I am quiet happy
> with and that I think is fairly well supported. However, as soon as GLIDE
> support is avaible for 3Dfx's Banshee (Voodoo, 3D and 2D acceleration), I
> plan to buy one. An XFree server exists that seems to meet my criteria,
> but I was wondering if any drivers exist in svgalib for the Banshee? I'm
> almost 100% sure that there aren't, so my real question is has anybody had
> any success with a Banshee and the svgalib VESA driver?

Banshee seems to work perfectly for me with quake2 but quake has corrupted
display. Havent really tried anything else.

XFree server is rock solid on my card though, just as info.

Graeme

--
Graeme Gregory                          | "god is a number you cannot
ggregory@bitbox.co.uk                   | count to, you are posthuman