Re: Matrox Mystique and SVGALib

Search this archive.

From: Mark Szlaga (mszlaga@engin.umd.umich.edu)
Date: Tue 02 Feb 1999 - 01:02:10 IST

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Michael Hunold wrote:

> Hello Panos,
>
> > I have a problem installing my Matrox Mystique card with svgalib.
> > I tried to use VESA, but as soon as a program starts, I see the sceen
> > flicker, I hear a strange sound and then I see a blank screen.
>
> I had no problems to get my Matrox Mystique to run with SVGALib
> using VESA.
>
> I took the 1.3.1-Version, installed it at /usr/src/svgalib,
> did 'make install' and added the line
>
> ' chipset VESA'
>
> at the 'chipset type' section.
>
> The only problem was: I had to start Linux unsing 'loadlin' from
> plain DOS. Everytime I started it from W95 I got weird
> error, saying things like 'mode was not found in ROM'...
>
> > Thanx
> > Panos Katsaloulis
>
> CU,
> Michael.

Greetings,
   Will this work with the matroxfb enabled?  Or is there a way to get SVGAlib
to cooperate with that?  Right now I get graphics, but in a way that it is
totally unusable.  (i.e. line 1 is at left half of screen, line 2 is somewhere
else.)
   If there is an easy fix could someone point me to that, otherwise TIA

Mark

--
Mark Szlaga    mszlaga@umd.umich.edu    http://www.umd.umich.edu/~mszlaga/
/dev/hdb5 - 0.5Gb of spinning metal, all alone in the night...