Re: Matrox Mystique and SVGALib

Search this archive.

From: Michael Hunold (M.Hunold@t-online.de)
Date: Mon 01 Feb 1999 - 20:56:11 IST

Hello Panos,

> I have a problem installing my Matrox Mystique card with svgalib.
> I tried to use VESA, but as soon as a program starts, I see the sceen
> flicker, I hear a strange sound and then I see a blank screen.

I had no problems to get my Matrox Mystique to run with SVGALib
using VESA.

I took the 1.3.1-Version, installed it at /usr/src/svgalib,
did 'make install' and added the line

' chipset VESA'

at the 'chipset type' section.

The only problem was: I had to start Linux unsing 'loadlin' from
plain DOS. Everytime I started it from W95 I got weird
error, saying things like 'mode was not found in ROM'...

> Thanx
> Panos Katsaloulis

CU,
Michael.