Re: Matrox Mystique and SVGALib

Search this archive.

From: Panos Katsaloulis (teras@writeme.com)
Date: Mon 01 Feb 1999 - 22:49:17 IST

Στις Δευ, 01 Φεβ  1999, γράψατε:
>Hello Panos,
>
>> I have a problem installing my Matrox Mystique card with svgalib.
>> I tried to use VESA, but as soon as a program starts, I see the sceen
>> flicker, I hear a strange sound and then I see a blank screen.
>
>I had no problems to get my Matrox Mystique to run with SVGALib
>using VESA.
>
>I took the 1.3.1-Version, installed it at /usr/src/svgalib,

I used the 1.4.1 version - should I draw back to 1.3.1?

>did 'make install' and added the line
>
>' chipset VESA'
>
>at the 'chipset type' section.

I did it. If I didn't do it, then the SVGAlib will start as VGA-compatible,
not Matrox Mystique.

I even upgraded with the lates BIOS from Matrox

>The only problem was: I had to start Linux unsing 'loadlin' from
>plain DOS. Everytime I started it from W95 I got weird
>error, saying things like 'mode was not found in ROM'...

I start Linux with lilo.
Should I add something there?

I don't understand what this has to do with svgalib :-(