Re: Releasing svgalib-1.3.1

Search this archive.

From: Michael Hunold (M.Hunold@t-online.de)
Date: Thu 10 Dec 1998 - 20:12:23 IST

Hi Matan,

> I intend to release this as svgalib-1.3.1, so please give it a good
> test, and also anyone who sent a patch to me or to Michael Weller,
> please check that it is included in this snapshot.

I just downloaded your binary distribution, copied the files to
/usr/lib, made some new links, added the "chipset VESA" line to
/etc/vga/libvga.conf and enjoyed playing Quake2 in some fine
high resolutions. 8-)

I use a Matrox Mystique with 2MB and these resolutions seem to
work:

>Using VESA driver, 2048KB.
>mode 320: 200 1075179492
>mode 320: 240 1075179492
>mode 320: 400 1075179492
>mode 360: 480 1075179492
>mode 640: 480 1075179492
>mode 800: 600 1075179492
>mode 1024: 768 1075179492

Until now: no crashes, no hanging. If you want to know more,
please drop me a line.

> Matan Ziv-Av.        zivav@cs.bgu.ac.il

CU,
Michael.