A few questions

Search this archive.

From: Martijn van Oosterhout (v3100411@student.anu.edu.au)
Date: Sun 01 Nov 1998 - 15:15:06 IST

Hi,

I'm new to this mailing list and I just want to
ask a few questions:

1. Is there an archive for this mailing list?

2. Is the RIVA128 (NV3) driver in active development?
   I'm asking because some parts don't work for me and
   I have some suggestions on how to improve it.

   The next release of SVGATextMode will use the clockchip
   of the NV3 and so assuming that the VGA clocks always
   work isn't correct. So not even 320x200 works.

3. The mapping of the linear frame buffer seems a
   bit convuluted. Why are you allocating memory and
   the mmaping over it straight away. Or does valloc
   do something else?

4. /dev/mem is opened in several places and yet there
   is __svgalib_mem_fd? Oversight or is there a reason?

That's enough for now.

Martijn van Oosterhout
Australia