Re: vga_drawscansegment()

Search this archive.

From: Alper Akçan (distch@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat 22 Feb 2003 - 22:47:13 IST

hi again;

after I have send the previous mail about vga_drawscansegment(), I saw that
it was totaly wrong ! I am sorry about that, but I have no net connection at
home, so I couldnt mail again. Anyway I corrected that. And thanks for
reply.

>I think it usually does not make sense to use those functions to draw
>one pixel at a time as they have too much overhead.

I wanted to draw one pixel at a time, to draw only the changed pixel.

while (i < bufsize) {
    if (memcmp(oldbuf + i, newbuf + i, BYTEPERPIXEL) {
        memcpy(oldbuf + i, newbuf + i, BYTESPERPIXEL);
        draw_the_changed_pixel();
    }

    i+=BYTESPERPIXEL;
}

But I couldnt choose a function for that; vga_drawscansegment() or
gl_putboxpart() ? which one is faster, and needs less resource?

Again sorry for the prev mail.

Alper.