Re: Incorporating Cirrus 7543 driver code into SVGA lib

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Sat 09 Nov 2002 - 11:22:08 IST

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Marc E. Fiuczynski wrote:

> svgalib + zgv seem like the right solution. Now to the question the list has
> likely been asked too often: has support for the Cirrus 7543 been added
> lately? I've searched the mailing list archives, I've used google on news

No work was done on the cirrus driver in a long time.
There seems to be support for the 7548, though. It is possible thsat
forcing the cirrus driver to recognise your card as a 7548 might be
enough to make it work.

> groups and the web, and I've peeked into the source release of both svgalib
> 1.4.x and 1.9.x source release. It seems that I am out of luck, but I wanted
> to check in with you first before I go about adding support myself.
>
> XFree86 3.3.6 has support for this chipset, as I have used it on the
> previously mentioned laptops and even peeked a bit at the code. I would be
> willing to attempt porting the code from XFree86. It seems that I could just
> merge the 7543 support directly into svgalib. Unforunately, I have not been
> able to locate a spec doc. for the Cirrus 7543 on the net. Anyone know where
> I might find that?

You are a few years to late. All datasheets were available from cirrus'
weebsite. Unfortunately, they are not there now, and I did not download
the LCD controllers datasheets.
You idea of porting the code from the X driver to the svgalib driver
should work with no problem.