(no subject)

Search this archive.

From: viscous liquid (viscous_liquid@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 04:25:18 IST

All,

First you will have to forgive me for this political
message. Let me say that I rarely, if ever, send
politically motivated messages. But I feel that this
could affect some of the individuals on this list.

For a quick and dirty background, due to loop holes in
U.S. Patent Law. A new form company here in the states
was granted a patent on internet commerce. Now in
order to establish a precedent, the company is suing
and shutting down small internet companies. Below is a
link to a site one company has started to join
together other companies to fight this injustice. Also
there is a Slashdot article on this. I feel that this
could affect some of you on the svgalib list. That is,
if you develop a product that you want to sell in the
U.S. via the internet. You could find yourself
vulnerable to this unfortunate abuse of U.S. Patent
Law. I personally find that I could be affected, as a
friend and I are in the progress of doing a startup
company that in the fore seeable future, be offering
products and/or services via the web.

Please note that do to they vagueness of the patent,
it could be applied to a wide array of commerce
schemes on the web.

Website,
http://www.youmaybenext.com/

Slashdot article,