Re: Status Question....

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Fri 18 Oct 2002 - 11:43:48 IST

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, viscous liquid wrote:

> Matan, real quick Q for you. I have been following the
> development of svgalib, not to closely though, and
> know that it is at 1.9.16. My question is at what
> point is it going to be called 2.0 and is there an
> approximately how long until it is there?

It will be 2.0 when I will feel confident it is stable for almost all
users. The main issue at the moment is console handling (VT switching).
Currently I don't think svgalib will ever be at 2.0. It works perfectly
for me, whatever new features I need, I add (like background mode for
links -g). The console code is not easy to understand, and the parts I
think I understand usually don't behave as I think they should. This
causes problems which need to be solved before 2.0.