Re: gl_font8x8 -> font12x12

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@ilbbs.com)
Date: Sun 15 Sep 2002 - 01:07:35 IDT

> I've got a small problem. I read your manual, but I still don`t know how to
> make a 12x12 font. I'd like to use a type like the gl_font8x8. Is there any
> possibility to convert the gl_font8x8 or do i have to write a special
> programm.

You can do 12x12, but it's a little convoluted. The bitmapped fonts in
SVGAlib are done in increments of 8, so you will first have to create a
16x16 font. Now, the catch is, since you want 12x12, when you create this
16x16 font, simply ignore the right four columns and right four rows.

Then, for the dimensions in gl_expandfont() and gl_setfont(), use 12 and
12.

[offlist] I am attaching the code for a simplistic 16x16 font creation
program that I wrote for my own personal use.

As far as pre-made 12x12 fonts, I don't know of any.

-Jay