Using svgalib

Search this archive.

From: Gary Lawrence Murphy (garym@canada.com)
Date: Fri 16 Aug 2002 - 04:39:13 IDT

I don't know if your list accepts unsubscribed submissions or not, but
I'm trying to use zgv-5.5 with libsvgalib1-1.4.3 and it's locking my
machine /solid/ on the second image with no good clues as to where to
go for more information.

Is there anything I can do to get closer to the cause?  If I display
one image, zgv appears to go into the background (although it is not
referred to as a daemon in the docs) and if I try to display a slide
show of two images, the second jpeg loads maybe 20% of its raster
lines when the screen locks, the keyboard locks, and the machine will
no longer respond to remote logins, ie, it's locked solid.

The card is (I believe) an old Diamond Stealth but I am running it in
pure VGA VESA mode just to be sure.  The monitor is an old 8514 from
an IBM PS2 and the O/S is Mandrake 8.2 running on an Intel Pentium MMX.
I don't have X installed, so I don't know what the Xconfig mode lines
would have been.