HorizSync on laptop LCD

Search this archive.

From: Glyn (glyn.kennington@hertford.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Thu 15 Aug 2002 - 17:54:37 IDT

Hello,
		I've been using 1.4.3 for my Trident Cyber9385 for several months.
It identifies the card as a tvga9680, so I had to tweak the contents of
tvga9680.regs to access most of the modes.  However, it can't cope with
the 1024x768 16bit modes, so I decided to try out the testing releases
when I noticed that they had better support for my card.

After installing 1.9.16, I've been running into problems with specifying
the HorizSync values for use on different modes.  If I specify 31-35 (or
use the default) then 640x480 works fine, but 1024x768 is not available.
If I use 31-48.3, then I can use 1024x768, but 640x480 and 800x600 are
unuseable (flickering or blank most of the time)

I realise that different speeds will be required for the different
modes, but is it possible to specify them all in the config file at
once, rather than editing it whenever I want to change mode?  Does this
problem affect other cards as well?

Glyn

--
-Glyn, do you do pills?