Re: Support for the Trident CyberBLADE Ai7 graphics card

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Fri 14 Jun 2002 - 20:01:40 IDT

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Harold P. Thompson wrote:

> Here's what I have: KDS 6480iPDT-07 lap top, Trident CyberBLADE Ai7
> graphics card, SuSE 8.0 Linux
>
> Question: In SVGAlib, the demo programs try to use Trident 9440 and the
> graphics don't
> look proper.Does SVGAlib support the CyberBLADE card, how can I fix this?

You can try to use the vesa driver by adding the option chipset ves to
the config file. (And maybe vesatext, if there are problems in text mode
restoration).

In addition, svgalib-1.9.15 has a new driver for trident chipsets, which
might work on this chipset. If you try and it does not work, please tell
me, so I can try to fix this.